Saturday, September 19, 2015

My Philosophy, Part 13: In Summary


In summary... I have constructed a personal philosophy by examining what I have believed ("knew") with what I observed from my own experience.  I wanted to know what was real and true and to live my live according to that knowledge.

I came to the conclusion that REALITY is beyond my perception and comprehension, but I believe that it is very big, maybe infinite, very complex, and dynamic, always changing.  I came to a similar conclusion about myself: I am finite, but very complex and dynamic.  And that I am here, now.

I then concluded, after a lot of self-examination and the best observations and reasoning that I could do, that:

  • I do not know...
  • I neither speak the truth or hear the truth...
  • I am not special; I am just like everyone else...
  • I am wrong...
  • I am not perfect; nothing is...
  • In the long run, and in the big picture, it doesn't matter...
I know that my philosophy is shallow, I have not waded too far into the deep waters of philosophical debate.  In fact I am aware that I have purposely stepped back from many difficult issues.  I just am not that strong of a swimmer to get in over my head.  This is what I have done.  

This works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment