Monday, October 19, 2015

Why Are We Frozen?

Most of us have frozen our thinking, making our view of the world stable, consistent, and understandable.  It makes our world familiar and safe.  We will stick to our thinking, hold on to it with a death grip. draw our swords to defend it, unleash tirades to argue away all other views.  We love it when others agree with us, and hate it when they don't.

But do our static thoughts actually fit the dynamic universe we live in?  Our environment changes from moment to moment like the light and shadows on my wall.  The light changes, the wind changes, the seasons change...  even mountains change.  Why do we then try to put everything neatly into a box and say with all our hearts that this is the way things are?  Why do we try to stop the sun from moving?   Why do we think we can control the wind or the weather?  Why are we so satisfied with jars of peaches in our pantries?  Truth, what ever it is, surely cannot be bottled and put on the shelf.

What would happen if I simply let go of certainty, and admitted that I don't know, that I don't have the answers?  What would happen if I let my thoughts thaw out and become as fluid as water?  I don't know...


No comments:

Post a Comment