Sunday, October 18, 2015

Dead End


There are times... when I just hit a dead end.  I can't go forward and I hate going back; so I stand here frustrated.

My 4-year old grandson does not have the same feeling about dead ends.  He explores every possibility of a maze.  He knows the goal is to find the way through, but he also does not want to leave every other path way unexplored and unmarked.  He visits every part of the maze with great delight.  In the end, you really can't find the one correct path on his page.

My son-in-law, I believe, does not look at dead ends the way I might.  He comes to the end of the road and looks at the opportunity to go off-road!  (He has a jeep, an ATV, and, if they don't work, hiking boots.)  Road?  He doesn't need a road!

Ultimately, it doesn't matter what the signs say, dead ends are just in my mind.  I will turn around and get on with the journey.

Just don't follow me thinking I know where I am going.

No comments:

Post a Comment