Monday, February 6, 2017

Why Must I Be Quiet?


Why should I just keep quiet?

They told me that if I didn't vote, I had no right to complain... I disagree, but I voted anyway.  But I didn't vote for Trump.  I don't like Trump.  I wouldn't buy an used car from Trump.  And there are those who tell me to shut up and give Trump a chance.  Why should I keep quiet?


Why should I keep quiet in church?  I don't see things the same as others in the chapel, but I don't want to offend anyone.  I want to keep my temple recommend and my membership.  So I must be quiet.

Why should I be quiet in my family?  Again, I don't want to argue, or to hurt anyone's feelings.  So, I keep quiet.

The result is that I participate in small talk, nothing really important, nothing that really matters.  And I feel very alone, and very quiet.

Freedom of speech... what a joke!

No comments:

Post a Comment